Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kitchen Gear: The Kitchenaid

When I was registering for my wedding 4 years ago I had no idea what I needed in a kitchen. One of the things I knew as a baker was I had to have a Kitchenaid mixer. Nothing comes close to a Kitchenaid mixer!

I have the Kitchenaid 6qt Pearl Metallic blender. It is very sturdy and has a powerful motor. It comes with 3 different paddles: a beater, whip and dough hook. 


The beater is amazing for pretty much everything. It can also be used to make baby food purees, mashed sweet potatoes and the occasional birthday cake!

The whip is what I use for quiche, whipped cream, meringue and making my own mayo. 

The dough hook is for that very special time of year when homemade rolls and cinnamon buns must be made. (hint: it is in December)

Kitchenaid offers many attachments to plug into the "hub" of the mixer. I wouldn't mind trying out the food grinder or the slicer/shredder. As I keep branching out into new recipes I may have to break down and give it a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment