Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Day 1 Recap

Eating LC Day 1...



It wasn't to bad, but I really wanted some ice cream and wine at the end of the day. Could it have something to do with 4 screaming kids? I think so. See I have identified my triggers. I'm killing it


Breakfast (9a): Jimmy Dean Frittas 
Snack (11a): Jimmy Dean Frittas
Lunch (3:30p): Deviled Eggs (3 eggs total) and a slice of Deli Turkey
Dinner 1 (6p): Caesar Salad with Parm Cheese and Bacon
Dinner 2 (9:30p): 2 slices of Cheese and 2 slices of Deli Ham
Late Night Snack (3a): Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Granola bar 



These frittatas come in a box of 6 with 3 packs of two. Each pack has 10 gm of carbs so not to bad. You probably could make them lower yourself but I can't really beat the ease of something that takes 1:40 in the microwave. I have tried the bacon and spinach and the turkey sausage and bacon ones. Both are good, so I usually grab a pack of each. And while they are filling, it doesn't really last me a full 4 hours.

I would post a picture of what I made but they looked kind of gross...so meme it is! I add Duke's Mayo, Dijon mustard and sugar free pickle relish to the egg yolks. Mix it up and viola you have shots of food. There are a ton of recipes on the internet so I won't bore you. Plus I just eye ball my measurements so it wouldn't be accurate anyways .I had one slice of deli turkey so I ate that as well just to finish it up. 


               


To make a good Caesar Salad, all you need is creamy dressing, bacon and parmesan cheese. Oh and lettuce. 

Who are we kidding? My Caesar salad isn't "healthy" but it is lower carb. I ate a whole heart of romaine with a few tablespoons of dressing with a sprinkle of bacon and cheese. The dressing is 2 gm for two tablespoons, and romaine is 1 gm per cup. My guess is I hit about 10 gm +/-. This meal makes me feel like I'm not dieting, but as I lose weight and have to be a little more careful to keep weight loss going I may have to tighten up on my measuring.

And finally...my late night snack. I wouldn't really suggest eating these if you are LC, but I was up breastfeeding and the thought of eating cheese was sorta demoralizing. So I grabbed one of these bars. It is filling, has 20 gm of carbs and lifted my tired tired spirits. I'm calling it a win all around. Preferably I won't be snacking at night, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment