Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Well Stocked Laundry Room



I know, I know. This is the quintessential domestic housewife post. BUT everyone has clothes to be washed, so it really is relevant to everyone. I'll make it quick and painless.

For everything.
For sensitive skin. I wouldn't use unless you have to because a clean smell to your clothes is a good thing. I did however use it for the babies clothes for about 6 months and on cloth diapers.

Splurge for those special things. Mainly, any women's clothing you would wear out of the house and their accompanied underparts or Men's dress-wear  Once again it is a splurge so not necessary but will help your clothes look better longer. Not worth the cost for kids clothes!

1 scoop each load for kids clothes or soiled adult clothes. If heavily soiled let them soak in the machine before shutting the lid. 

1/2 a cup for each and every load. Makes your Tide or Woolite more efficient and helps with stains. Also helps to get rid of odors which is good for sweaty clothes and potty training pants. I add to every load.
Only buy the blue version! It works for getting grease stains (even those that have been in for 5 years since you had that hamburger in college). Just squirt directly onto stain and let set for at least an hour. I usually treat and then throw into the basket so sometimes it sits on there for 3 or 4 days. 

I rarely use this, but on occasion I find something I want to pre-treat. I also like Resolve and Tide's stain remover, but not a huge fan of Shout. 
I do not use one, but friends swear by it so it is worth a mention. I don't let my kids wear much white so its not a huge problem.
For white towels, socks, undershirts, and underwear. Use only if necessary as it does ruin the fibers making clothes not last as long. Run one empty cycle after using to make sure you don't transfer onto any color clothes.
If you ever make a mistake, don't dry the clothes. Rewash with the color catcher and it should be able to reverse the damage. 
I like Bounce dryer sheets the best. I use the lavender flavor but sometimes I will break it up and try something new.

Now all you need is a deluxe laundry room! Right, I wish too...



Did you make it through all of that? Good for you! One last tip though. If your brand is on sale go ahead and buy multiple bottles. I have found their are sale cycles and I stock up for enough for 3 months. It won't go bad so just stock it up in the pantry, closest or under the bed if you have to. 











No comments:

Post a Comment