Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My EVOO

A friend posted an article about Extra Virgin Olive Oil purity on Facebook a while back and it got me thinking that buying store brand for everything may not be the way to go. I can't find the article again but the point was the majority of imported Olive Oils on American's grocery store shelves have been blended with a cheaper type of oil (soybean, canola, etc). After reading another 101 articles off of Google I found that some of the most reliable EVOO comes from California. Specifically, California Olive Ranch. Now I am no purist but if I'm making the effort to eat EVOO I might as well get the benefits!

 California Olive Ranch EVOO comes in a green bottle that keeps light out to keep the oil fresher longer. It also makes it easy to spot. Saving me time and offering a quality product. Way to go California Olive Ranch!

And even if they don't advertise it on the website or bottle it is 
Which means it is also using less energy to get to your grocery store. So you can feel good about that too. In all seriousness, it is worth the extra few bucks to pick up a brand you know to be pure and tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment