Thursday, April 18, 2013

My New Nightly Hot Tea Habit

So don't laugh but up until recently I didn't know herbal tea didn't actually have tea in it. I just thought it had decaf tea. I'm not much of a tea drinker so this is a new area for me. Since starting the Whole30 I have tried to drink a cup after dinner to help make me feel satisfied as well as get in a little extra water.

I had the best tea at a friend house and when I went to the store they didn't have any! So I picked up another flavor and gave it a whirl. It was good but a 180 in flavors. I'd like to have both so I can enjoy both!



Ingredients: Cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, natural spice and vanilla flavors with other natural flavors, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cloves and nutmeg.

This tea is very flavorful and has a great spice to it. It helped me feel full after dinner and since it was hot it was relaxing. When I finally find it I am going to blend it with some regular iced tea. I bet it will be a good summer drink!

Ingredients: Chamomile, hibiscus, peppermint leaves, rose blossoms, spearmint leaves, spice, orange blossoms

This tea was refreshing! The mint gave it a nice after dinner taste but wasn't overwhelming. It just hit you at the end. I had to let it seep for a while to get strong enough so make sure you start with really hot water so it isn't cold by the time you get to drink it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment