Saturday, April 20, 2013

Multi-Vitamins and What Does a Plum Taste Like?



We went over to the Natural Grocers today to pick up a few things. It is always fun to look around and see what is marketed as a "healthy" food. Organic cookies anyone??

Anywho, we also needed to stock up on our Multi-Vitamins. We have been taking Vitamin Code vitamins for about 3 months now and it has been a positive experience. I picked these because of the probiotics in them for Husband. I also liked that there were no binders or filler. However you have to take 4 capsules a day and best taken 2 caps twice a day. It was a little much.




So today we picked up the same brand, just the one a day version. You are still getting quite a bit of vitamins just not in as high of a dose. I think our diet is pretty well rounded but after having 2 kids in 14 months I want to make sure my body is well replenished before baby #3! The box had a $5 off coupon so it was $19 for a 2.5 month supply.  I think that is worth it. Next time I may pick up the prenatal and see how they are. I have never taken a prenatal that didn't make me want to puke but then again I was always pregnant.

We also picked up some of Carlson's Fish Oil to combat some high cholesterol in Husband. I have taken these as well since we don't eat a lot of fatty fish (remember salmon is banned?). I do not have "sushi breath" afterwards, but Husband has said his burps taste like sushi. We could just eat Salmon.


After Natural Grocers we headed over to Sam's Club for our monthly round up. Stocked back up on some shrimp, cod and frozen veggies! We also picked up some plums since Husband said he wanted some fruit. I'm not a a huge plum person. The texture kinda kills it for me and I'm not a fan of anything with a large pit. So I casually asked him what a plum tastes like to him. He answers "Its like a soggy apple"




No comments:

Post a Comment