Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Whole 30 Survival-Drink Edition

I don't get people who don't drink water. My mom is one of those people and I can't understand how that works. Here in West Texas staying hydrated is everything. Turtle and Green Bean can easily suck down a whole water bottle before I know it. In the summer you will seriously regret leaving the house without water. I am more likely to leave without diapers than water.



 I know I get a lot of water just by drinking all day, but with meals I like to have something special.  My main two "vices" are Coke Zero and Peach Fresca. Haven't had Peach Fresca? Its amazing!

NOT Whole 30 approved


But while I do my Whole 30 I have to stay off the cokes (no artificial sweeteners) and I wouldn't mind kicking the habit altogether. So here is my list of "special" drinks for my Whole 30.

Iced Tea. Pure unadulterated iced tea. Flavored teas can have soy or gluten so be careful. If you want flavored, add it yourself by infusing it.

La Croix "sodas" are flavored sparkling water. They use fruit oils instead of artificial flavoring. It is my perfect replacement for meals. My favorite so far is the grapefruit. Other brands of flavored sparkling water are Whole 30 approved so feel free to shop around. Just read your labels closely!


Many people will infuse or add fruit to their water. Even just a slice of lemon will do. This is more work than I want to do, but I love it when someone else makes it for me! I wouldn't mind a glass of cucumber mint water right now...


So while we know water is the best it can be boring sometimes. So give these a try and let me know what you like!




No comments:

Post a Comment