Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Whole 30 Day 1, Dinner Plate Choices and Summer Already?

Well I made it to the store! After dinner of course, but by keeping my freezer stocked with kitchen staples I was able to make it through.

Breakfast-Coffee, handful of grapes (trying to get Turtles to eat them)
Lunch-Salmon and Green Pepper, La Croix
Dinner-Bone in Pork Chops and Green Beans, Iced Tea

You don't drink your coffee black?

Coffee on Whole 30 must be drunk black. Or "bullet coffee  where you add in coconut oil or Ghee. Bullet Coffee isn't bad with coconut oil but I like my coffee black and strong. I do judge those who can't handle it black. Especially men...

Lunch

Salmon has been banned by Husband so I have to cook it when he isn't around. I baked the salmon in the oven with EVOO, Salt and Garlic Powder. I cooked up a green pepper in some Ghee with Salt and Pepper while the salmon baked. Turned out better than I thought it would and was very filling.

Dinner
Dinner doesn't get much easier than pork chops and frozen green beans. I seasoned the pork chops with sea salt, pepper (lots) and garlic powder. Then they were fried up in coconut oil. The lid coming off the pepper was a blessing in disguise. The extra pepper made them spicy so it felt more filling and tasted new. I shall now add lots of pepper to my pork chops. I tossed the green beans with some Ghee and sea salt and pepper. Not bad for microwaved green beans.

Dinner Plate Dilemma 

Which do you choose?
So our dinner plates come in two sizes. I like to think of them as lunch and dinner sized, but I'm sure there is another reason for this. Choosing the smaller plate makes me thing my plate is more full but is it really useful to play mind games with food? With Whole 30 you don't have to count nutrition numbers. Just eat real food. I'm sure they are anti plate mind manipulation. I just like the smaller ones better. Easier for my dainty woman hands to hold. I give Husband the big plate so he gets more food. Growing boy and all.

Summer Heat

Open...



Shut Them.
I have the toddler song "Open Shut Them" stuck in my head. Thank you library storytime! We still haven't hit regular highs in the 90s (um Thursday high of 60??). None the less, today I found out that our front west facing room, otherwise known as the play room, gets really hot in the afternoon. So that means most summer afternoons we will be sitting with the window blinds shut. Kind of a bummer but we will live. I have an evil plan to deplete children's energy in the sweltering heat of the back patio. Which is conveniently east facing so we don't get the afternoon sun. No harmful rays but still the benefits of the heat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment