Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Turtles and Green Beans


Welcome! This blog is meant to keep me from getting into a dinner time meal rut. As we go along I'll share what works, what needs improvement, and what got banned from the kitchen. My cooking style is usually a low carb approach, but I don't focus on all the nutrition "numbers". The main focus is cooking quality ingredients that will provide optimal nutrition for my family. Turtles and Green Beans are my nicknames for my two girls. Green Bean is 2.5 years old and loves her fruits and veggies. Getting her to sit down long enough to eat something is my challenge with her. Turtles is 19 months and my picky eater. She would prefer any kind of processed sugar filled food over any of the meals I cook. She has been delayed in walking so hasn't lost her baby chub yet. My husband and I grew up on a standard american diet(SAD). We followed that diet for much of our 4 year marriage, but after the birth of Turtles, we both had gained to much weight. Over the past year we have slowly moved to a low carb lifestyle that has left us both feeling better. There is still work to be done so this blog is to keep us motivated. I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment