Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Whole30 Day 14 and a Tarter Sauce Disaster

As far as Mondays go, this was a pretty good one. We all got out of the house and had a fun day and the cravings to cheat were pretty low. Green Beans and Turtles are starting to slowly change their eating habits too. They both were starving by the time I started to cook dinner and they were more than happy to sit there with me munching on raw bell peppers and tomato slices.

Breakfast-Eggs with Salsa and Coffee
Lunch-Leftover Hamburgers
Dinner-Lemon Dill Cod with Sauteed Squash, Bell Peppers and Onions

Leftover red pepper and Green Beans' baby doll in the kitchen

 Lemon Dill Cod

Cod 
EVOO 
Dill, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
Fresh Lemon Juice

Put the Cod on a lined baking sheet, drizzle some EVOO over it, dust with dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook at 400 degrees for 22 minutes and then squeeze a lemon over the cod. You could also slice the lemon and cook on top of the cod, I just didn't want such a strong flavor but its good if you are in the mood for it.
 
Ready to go in the oven
Before I got the Cod ready to go, I diced up some onion and got it cooking in a pan. I then diced up yellow squash, zucchini and green and red bell peppers. After I put the Cod in the oven I added the squash and bell peppers in to the pan and cooked over medium heat until it was tender. It took about 20 minutes since the pan was so full so it all worked out perfectly. 

Finished Product

The Whole30 page on Facebook had posted a picture with Whole30 tarter sauce on it. Well I thought I would give it a try before I realized I didn't have half of the ingredients. So I then went on to try to make a dill sauce but it was an epic fail. It was so nasty and I didn't want to waste more spices by trying to fix it. Next time I will be better prepared and hopefully it will turn out better. But a nice creamy sauce on top of this cod would have been very satisfying and the extra fat would have made it more filling too. 
Fail




No comments:

Post a Comment