Thursday, June 27, 2013

Finally made Bora Bora Fireballs...and yes it lived up to it's hype


Bora Bora Fireballs are awesome! Here is the recipe. I just wanted to share the pictures my brother in law took and mention a few changes.


Toasting the coconut was easier than I thought. If you haven't done it (like me) you just toss it in a pan and toast over medium heat. It is easy to burn so you have to watch it closely.  I used Bob's Red Mill unsweetened coconut. If you aren't Whole30 I would still recommend using it or else the fireballs will turn out way to sweet. 



I also used a whole Jalapeno and 1.5 teaspoons of Cayenne. I'm not a huge fan of spicy but my friends coming for dinner were. It actually turned out perfect. I enjoyed them without my mouth on fire and even the 3 year olds snacked on them.  


Spacing is critical. I put mine to close together and they didn't crisp up because of all the juices. The above picture shows the appropriate amount of spacing! I served it with a large salad and sauteed yellow squash. 


No comments:

Post a Comment